The Secret to Perfectly Installing your Toe Guards
I put together a video on how to perfectly and effortlessly install your toe guard caps the RIGHT way. Unfortunately, all I had were skates with adjustable toe stops but a tutorial for bolt-on toe stops will be coming soon!
Here's a brief overview:
- Remove laces and your toe stop
- Take the washer and nut off the toe stop
- Feed the toe stop through the heart-shaped hole at the bottom of the toe guard
- Replace the nut on the toe stop to the approximate height you like your toe stops
- Flip the toe guard cap inside out
- Place the washer on top of the bolt with the groves/concavity pointing in towards the skate
- Screw on and tighten the toe stop
- Flip the cap back out and place on the skate
- Thread the laces through the top of the eyelets and the top of the first eyelets of the skates
- Grab both ends of the laces and pull so they tighten the cap and are the same
Here's the video for a visual and more in-depth description, make sure to give it a look!
UPDATE: @marcy.mars on TikTok was kind enough to put together a video showing how to install on bolt on toe stops! Heres the link to se her beautiful video: How to install toe guards with bolt on toe stops!